Thursday, December 10, 2015

26 & 27 Week Update

With the holidays quickly approaching and my better half working 16 hour days, I feel pretty confident announcing that the bi-weekly updates are here to stay. Perhaps I'll go back to posting every week after things calm down in the new year, but with Jake traveling for work in January and lots of baby prep left to do it's pretty unlikely. I know I've said it before, but it feels like this pregnancy has flown by. I can't believe I'll be entering the third trimester next week and welcoming this baby into the world in less than 90 days!


Size: A cucumber. Baby boy is now 15" long and weighs approximately 2.2 pounds.

Gender: Boy

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes, and I've even added a few more basics to my wardrobe to get me through the next 3 months. It may not look it, but this belly is growing faster than I can keep up!

Sleep: Single parenting + 2 year molars + Taylor's cold that won't end has made for little sleep and a long couple of weeks. Thankfully, Tay has finished her antibiotic and seems to be feeling better which makes me hopeful that naps may actually happen this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Best Moment of the Week(s): Enjoying our advent activities and having lunch with Jake both days last weekend, which was completely unexpected. I'm not sure who enjoyed seeing him more - myself or the tot!

Miss Anything: Not really. I could always use more sleep but otherwise I'm feeling good. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Movement: Our little guy is active all the time which makes me anxious to see how he'll be outside of the womb. I'm certain he has long, dangling limbs just like his dad!

Cravings: Cupcakes, cookies, chocolates - sweets of any kind, really. There is no shortage of treats this time of year, and I am taking full advantage. My glucose test is next week, so I try to throw a few salads and some veggies in whenever possible. Gotta have that balance!

Sickness: Taylor is finally recuperating from her 3 week illness just in time for Jake to come down with it. Luckily, I haven't had any symptoms other than a stuffy nose (which could totally be pregnancy-related). I'm knocking on all the wood and praying that I stay healthy until the end of rush. The last thing our family needs is for me to get sick.

Looking Forward To: The weekend! My parents, sister, and niece are coming to visit so that we can celebrate my mom and niece's birthdays. So excited to do some shopping, go out for a nice dinner, and spend some time with family. I'm also getting extremely nervous/excited for our baby boy's arrival. The reality of holding a newborn in my arms again is growing closer with each passing day, and it makes me so excited to meet our new bundle and finally see his sweet face. While a part of me doesn't want this pregnancy to end (since it will likely be my last), I cannot wait to add this little boy to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment