Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Logan 6 Month Update

I know. I can't believe it either.

Logan officially hit the halfway mark this past Saturday and it makes me want to bawl my eyes out. How oh how is this little boy already 6 months old? And how is Taylor almost 3? I just can't...so I won't. Instead I'll ramble on about all of the wonderful things that this amazing little boy is saying and doing and how he continues to be the happiest baby on the planet.


Oh my sweet little blonde-haired boy. Everywhere we go, the first thing people say is "My! He's a big boy."  Girl, you ain't lying. Weighing in at over 20 lbs, he is indeed a healthy boy. He loves to be held and has recently started giving hugs which is the best medicine after a long day. He grabs at our noses, caresses our cheeks, and pulls us in close for smooches. He lets out a high pitched giggle when we toss him in the air and loves to fly around the room like an airplane. His favorite time of the day is bath time where he splashes nonstop until we're all completely drenched and he's gasping for air from laughing so hard. He is the sweetest little love bug, and I hope he stays this way forever.


Favorite past times include rolling his way around the house, sticking things in his mouth, jumping in his exersaucer, and watching his sister for hours on end. He enjoys singing and story time, with his favorite book being "Little Blue Truck" (mostly because of all the animal noises). He loves to sit upright but still needs a little assistance since his balance hasn't fully developed yet. We prop him up in the middle of our bed and he and Taylor take turns playing with baby dolls and dinosaurs. Taylor sings him songs, tells him elaborate stories, and occasionally kisses him and tells him how much she loves him while he pulls at her hair, laughs at her antics, and slobbers all over her toys. Ah, siblings.



Our little Logan has had a lot of firsts this month with the most important being his first word: MAMA! We were at my parents' house just casually hanging out when my sweet baby boy called out for me out of nowhere. I almost didn't even realize it since Taylor says my name approximately 5,000 times a day and I'm basically numb to it at this point, but when I actually processed the fact that it was a different voice and realized that everyone else had heard it as well, I couldn't believe it! Taylor's first word was dada (of course, that girl is crazy for her daddy), so for Log's first word to be mama was completely amazing. Jake doesn't believe that he said it (although he was sitting 5 feet away from him at the time and definitely heard it) and doesn't acknowledge it as his official first word, but I am counting it. Without a doubt.


Another first this month included introducing Logan to baby food. We decided to try solids a little earlier with Logan than we did with Taylor, giving him sweet potatoes just after he turned 5 months old. Initially, he loved them, but over time we noticed that he was developing a tummy ache after each feeding, so we stopped the baby food and reverted back to formula only for a few weeks. This past weekend, we decided to try solids again and haven't had a single issue since. Perhaps his little belly just needed some extra time to prepare for all of that goodness! He doesn't care much for oatmeal or peas, tolerates sweet potatoes and apples, but bananas are his favorite.


I just love this age where every day brings something new. Logan refused to roll from his belly onto his back for months, then out of nowhere he was rolling circles from one end of the living room to the other. He definitely likes to be on the move, and I imagine that by this time next month he'll be sitting and maybe even crawling if his arm strength allows! He is learning and growing at such a fast pace and just when we think we have life as a family of four figured out, something new comes along and reminds us that we have no idea what we're doing (like Taylor refusing to go to bed and Logan waking up at 4:30 AM). It's a never-ending learning curve, but I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment