Monday, May 19, 2014

Summertime and the Livin's Easy

Mother Nature must've finally gotten her act together, because it's officially starting to look and feel like summer around here! While I'm not overly excited about baring more of my skin (don't even get me started on the nightmare that was swimsuit shopping last week), I am absolutely loving all of the teeny tiny rompers and sundresses on our little tot. I remember going completely overboard at the end of last summer buying every adorable outfit I could get my hands on and longing for the day when our baby girl would fit in them. And now, with her little arms and legs covered in rolls, I just can't get enough!




Along with warmer weather comes a plethora of outdoor activities and none too soon. Frequent walks around the neighborhood and trips to the park have definitely helped with our winter blues, and, luckily, we live less than a mile from the pool (so I'm sure that's where we'll be spending all of our free time). And speaking of the pool, I am absolutely over the moon that I was able to find not only one but two swimsuits for the tot that aren't hot pink and plastered in butterflies/hearts/glitter/etc. Tay and I are going to rock our one pieces, aviators, and sun hats all. summer. long.

  


I am also super excited about all of the traveling we'll be doing. I know that traveling with a baby is never ideal (and most of you reading this post are probably cringing at the thought of being stuck in a vehicle with a baby for longer than 15 minutes) but after our last road trip (and subsequent other, smaller trips), I am certain that our babe will have a blast on all of our mini excursions. A couple of weekend trips to St. Louis are a must as I can't wait for Taylor to experience some of my favorite childhood memories, like her first trip to the zoo and her first Cardinal's baseball game at Busch Stadium. Regardless of her attitude, a face this sweet makes up for any amount of screaming/hair pulling/spitting up.


Summer is just a magical time of year, and I can already tell this is going to be one for the books! The hubby and I are longing for extended weekends at my family's cabin, grilling and having a cold one (or four) on the back deck, and making as many memories as we can with our girl. I'm looking forward to sharing all of our experiences (and, knowing us, a funny story or two) with all of you on the blog!

1 comment:

  1. She is So. Cute! I love all the little outfits and swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete