Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Life Update

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, but life has been so hectic lately! So many new things to discuss... It's almost like our lives have flipped upside down - but in the best way possible!

First things first, after two months and three rounds of interviews, I am so excited to finally announced that I have accepted a new job offer! My first day isn't until September 8th, so I have been busy trying to wrap things up at my current job until then. This new position is with a company that I have wanted to be a part of for quite some time, so I was absolutely ecstatic when they called and offered me the job last week. A larger salary, better benefits, and a reputable company known for its happy employees made the decision an easy one. I'll be sad to leave my current job (and a handful of co-workers who I absolutely adore), but this move will be so great for our family and for my career. I. Can't. Wait.

Upon acceptance of the new job, Jake and I decided that it was time to trade in my tiny SUV for a larger, family vehicle. We have been talking about making this switch for some time now and with an increase in income as well as rumors of an even worse winter than the one we had last year (if that's even possible), we thought we'd start looking now in order to take advantage of the end of summer deals. After scouring the internet for a month then traveling all the way to Kansas last weekend to test drive a complete dud, I was done. I decided we should take a break and wait a month or two before looking any more. Then my ever-so-sneaky husband somehow managed to talk me into test driving a vehicle Monday night which, of course, we ended up purchasing. And let me tell you, I am head-over-heels in love with this vehicle!  It's safe, reliable, and well within our price range. And the features! This thing has touch screen navigation, leather interior, dual sunroofs, second and third row bucket seats, and power everything! It is completely possible that I will never learn all of the functions that this vehicle offers. (I swear, it is smarter than I am.) Plus, it's black and shiny and - let's face it - down right sexy. One drive and I was hooked. Jake, you win this one.

So, here it is in all its glory - our 2014 Ford Explorer Limited.

Or as I like to call it, an early 30th birthday present to myself.




In other news, yesterday was National Dog Day, so I feel it necessary to say a few words about our furry friend, Charlie. Jake and I had just moved in together and were in search of a puppy when we found Charlie who was just a couple months old. We quickly made him the center of our world and smothered him with all of our love and attention. He was our baby until Taylor joined us last fall at which point his world turned completely upside down. To say these two don't get along is an understatement. They are equally jealous of one another (heaven forbid I ever pay the other any attention) and they are still very unsure of what the other actually is. To Charlie, Taylor is a foreign object that has yet to leave and, to Taylor, Charlie is a giant fur ball who is constantly knocking her over because he is completely unaware of his 60 lb. frame. So much crying and howling... It's exhausting.

We celebrated National Dog Day with two of Charlie's favorites - a long belly rub and some snuggles on the couch (after the tot was in bed so that he could have my full attention, of course). He is such a kind, gentle, loving animal, and even though he and Tay don't see eye to eye, we're all slowly (but surely) learning to live together as a family of four.



Lastly, what would a blog post be without an update on the tot? Today our little girl is eleven months old. ELEVEN. That means her first birthday is just right around the corner. I can hardly believe it. She woke up this morning in the absolute best mood! So happy and full of life, babbling on about nothing just to hear herself talk. She even gave Jake and myself kisses on the lips prior to leaving the house for daycare, so I know she must've been in a good mood. Tonight's monthly photo shoot is destined to be a complete shit show, so I was happy to receive her smiles and smooches at the start of my day.




Although summer is winding down, I feel we are just getting into the thick of things with my 30th and Taylor's 1st birthday less than a month away. Although we are super excited for all of the events to come in September, I pray that fall will bring cooler temperatures and a less hectic schedule. Until then, we'll be trying to keep up with life as it continues to fly by at warped speed.

4 comments:

  1. Would say the hubby should get extra points for picking out such a nice ride for you and Taylor !! Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Congratulations for ALL THE NEW THINGS!!! So happy for you, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! It's been a pretty good week at our house. Miss you!

      Delete