Thursday, August 28, 2014

Eleven Months

Another month has come and gone, and here we are a mere four weeks away from the tot's first birthday. My scrawny little 7 lb. baby has somehow morphed into a 21 lb. ball of fury. She is wild and loud and carefree - exactly how every child should be. As I watch her overcome obstacles and discover new experiences, I am constantly amazed at how her little mind works. Her fearlessness frightens me to my core, but it also excites me at the same time. She is fiercely independent and stubborn, traits that she received equally from her father and myself. She is simply amazing, and I hope that each of you have the chance to experience her in live action one day!


 


Jake and I must've been extra good this month, because our sweet little one has officially learned how to throw a tantrum (and it certainly didn't take her long to master). Her high pitched squeal that used to be cute and endearing is now the ultimate form of torture. Heaven forbid her food is not served in a timely manner or we walk out of a room and leave her in it by herself. Thankfully, these tantrums are short lived as Jake and I don't pay them any attention. I'm hoping they will decrease as she realizes that there is no reward for this behavior, but (knowing our luck) I'm sure they'll only get worse as the toddler years approach. I have to give her props though. Girlfriend really puts her entire body into these things, typically throwing her arms up, whipping her head back and opening her mouth as loud as she possibly can. Clearly, she has her mother's flare for the dramatics.



Her sneakiness has intensified now that she has learned to open and close doors. While getting ready for work in the mornings, Jake and I put the baby gate at the end of the hallway giving her unlimited access to our bedroom, her bedroom, and the spare bedroom. This generally leads to a fun game of hide-and-seek prior to leaving the house. The tot can often be found under a pile of shoes in my closet or in the bathroom trying to stick her hands in the toilet. I mean, really? She obviously doesn't understand what goes on in there.


She has also discovered how to take off the air vent covers, which I can somewhat understand. Every girl likes to feel the breeze blowing through her luscious locks, but vent covers are sharp and pointy and could easily lead to one's eye getting poked out. And no one has time for that.



Her love of food has only grown this month, as she has been eating more table food at home and daycare. She is still a pasta lover (but honestly, who isn't?) and will always take a break from playing for eggs. Putting her in the highchair is a daily struggle, but as soon as she sees there's food, she's fine. This kid just cannot stand being confined. But really, who can blame her?



We are still holding our breath on the walking front, but I can assure you that it will be coming any day now. She is able to stand from a sitting position and can hold herself up for quite a while before her wobbly knees get the best of her. She loves to walk when we are holding her hands, but as soon as we let go she's quick to drop to the floor. I blame it on the big ole booty that she inherited from her dad, but what do I know?


 


Despite the tantrums and her need for things to be done on her timetable (gee, wonder where she gets that from...), she really is the sweetest, happiest little girl. I love her wet smooches more than anything, and she is always ready and willing to give them. As you can see, she is quite aggressive in her approach, but who doesn't want an adorable baby to throw herself on top of you and smother you in kisses? Seriously, it's heart melting.




We love you and your hilarity so much, baby girl. It's less than a month until your birthday, so momma's gotta get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment