Tuesday, August 25, 2015

12 Week Update

I started this blog when Taylor was almost 6 months old, so I never had the chance to do weekly updates during my first pregnancy. Thankfully, I wrote in my pregnancy journal religiously so I'm still able to compare my pregnancies on the regular. So far, the first trimester has not been good to me, just as it wasn't with Taylor. The only difference this time is that I go from absolutely starving to regretfully nauseous after every meal. With Taylor, I lived on goldfish and ginger ale and lost 10 lbs. in the first 13 weeks, but once that second trimester hit I was a hungry hippo devouring everything in sight. I have also been wiped for energy this go round, which is no surprise since I'm crazy busy at work during the day and chasing Taylor Tornado around in the evenings. Seriously, bed time cannot come soon enough each night. I'm counting down the days until the second trimester hits but, until then, it's time to kick off the first update for Baby No. 2!


Size: A plum

Gender: To be determined. Our 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for October 23rd, and I cannot wait to find out if Taylor's prediction is true! (She's certain it's a baby see-ter.)

Maternity Clothes: Not gonna lie, I've been wearing my maternity shorts/capris for a couple of weeks now. They're so much more comfy than attempting to wear my regular shorts using the hair tie trick. Plus, I might as well get some use out of them now since the majority of this pregnancy will be during the winter months.

Sleep: Even though I'm exhausted by the end of the day, I cannot seem to get comfortable at night. My body pillow isn't cutting it this time around and getting up to pee 4 times a night doesn't help either. Everything seems to be months ahead of schedule this time around, but I hear that's normal so I'm just trying to roll with it.

Best Moment This Week: Taylor loving all over my belly! The daily hugs (and raspberries) are so sweet. I can't wait to see this girl as a big sister.

Miss Anything: The weather has been stellar lately and I wish I had the energy to take Tay on walks or to the park in the evenings, but it's everything I can do just to cook dinner and bathe the tot before I collapse on the couch.

Movement: No baby movement, but I am experiencing all kinds of cramping. My doc assures me it's normal and is just a side effect of pregnancy no. 2.

Cravings: Anything breakfast-related - a bagel smothered in cream cheese with a large glass of OJ, waffles with fresh fruit and a giant dollop of whipped cream, sausage/egg/cheese breakfast sandwiches. Oh, and french fries. Always.

Sickness: Bleh...yes. Ready for this constant nausea sensation to GO. AWAY. Hoping I'm close to the finish line with this one....

Looking Forward To: The second trimester!! I remember waking up on the first day of Week 13 feeling like a totally different person when I was pregnant with Taylor. Really hoping that's the case again! Also looking forward to cooler temps and all things FALL! You'd better believe I already have fall scents wafting around our entire house. It smells like a yummy pumpkin paradise and makes me crave a Caramel Apple Spice like nobody's business!

And because it's too adorable not to share, a little love from big sis...


No comments:

Post a Comment