Friday, August 7, 2015

22 Month Update

Even though we're halfway through month 23, I thought I'd provide a little update on the tot. Life has been a whirlwind lately so I apologize for the lack of posts. We've been on a crazy emotional roller coaster for the past 2 weeks but, thankfully, things are beginning to feel somewhat normal again. So on to the tot...

I know that I'm biased, but this kid has the most amazing personality. She loves to laugh, make goofy noises with her mouth, and is always up for giving (and receiving) raspberries. She loves to be outside exploring new territory and discovering new things. We have definitely reached the stage where her curiosity gets the best of her and before I know it she's out of my eye sight and into something she shouldn't be. This is especially problematic when we're shopping and she disappears into clothing racks or gets distracted and wanders off. Karma is definitely coming full circle as I used to do the same exact thing to my mom when I was Tay's age. Time to invest in a kid harness!


One night on his way home, Jake spotted the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile at our local grocery store, so he pulled in to get Taylor a weeny whistle of her very own, which she absolutely loves. She runs all over the house blowing that whistle and laughing hysterically. It's impossible not to smile when you see how happy that piece of plastic makes her. Oh to be a kid again....


Our wild child had her second trip to Urgent Care this month where she left with 3 stitches in her forehead and a pink popsicle. An unfortunate fall on the surround sound speaker in our basement sent blood gushing and tears falling. Thankfully, the docs at Urgent Care handled the entire situation so well and it wasn't long before the tot was back to her happy little self as if nothing had ever happened. Her father, on the other hand, was not so brave. Let's just say he sat in the corner while most of the procedure took place. That's okay, honey, mommies are just better at some things. ;c ) Truth be told, I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened sooner considering how rough this girl plays. And I'm certain this won't be out last encounter with stitches considering her dad has had them at least six different times. Work hard, play hard, right?


Our girl is sassy and sweet and the queen of tantrums. She hates to be told no and will start crying as soon as she thinks she's in any form of trouble. When told no, she bursts into tears and runs to her room to sulk, an unfortunate foreshadowing of her teenage years to come. She's loveable and nurturing when I need it the most, always offering up smooches and snuggles when she knows I'm feeling down. She has been my saving grace over the last couple of weeks, and I'm forever grateful that God brought her into our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment