Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Logan 1 Month Update

Some of my favorite posts to date are the monthly updates I did during Taylor's first year, so I want to  be sure I continue that trend for our little Logi Bear. He hit his first monthly milestone on April 3 so I'm a little late with this post, but better late than never, right? I've been making a conscious effort not to let Logan fall into the typical "second child" syndrome because, let's face it, I definitely don't have a lot of free time these days.  Regardless, I'm determined to do these monthly updates. So here we go with Month 1!


Where to begin? Logan is the most chill, laid back baby ever. He rarely cries unless he is hungry, needs a diaper change, or is bored. He reminds me so much of Taylor at this stage and I am knocking on all the wood in hopes that he continues down this path.


In the past 2 weeks, Logan has really started to pack on the pounds which I attribute mostly to our recent switch to formula (hallelujah for having my boobs back!). Although he didn't have an official weigh in at the pediatrician's office this month, our home scale leads us to believe that he is a little over 11 pounds now. He is currently wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes, some of which he is almost too long for. At just 6 weeks old, Logan is comparable in size to Taylor when she was 3 months old which makes me wonder just how big this little guy will turn out to be!


Speaking of food, Logan is eating 4 ounces every 4 hours like clockwork. We have learned not to mess with his feeding schedule, because when little man is hungry he is ready to eat and making him wait even 5 minutes is not an option. Although his wake periods are increasing, he continues to be a great little sleeper, cat napping in between feedings and giving me two 4-hour stretches during the night. We are by no means on a set schedule yet, but for now he typically eats between 10:00-11:00 PM and then the three of us head to bed. He wakes up between 2:00-3:00 AM to eat and then we are back up between 6:00-7:00 AM to start the day. The kids and I snuggle in bed while Jake gets ready, Logan chugging his bottle while Taylor downs a sippy cup full of milk. I try to soak up this quite time for as long as possible before the morning turns into pure chaos. I'm sure all you other mommas out there can relate. ;c )


Within the last week, Logan has really started to interact with us, offering up smiles and coo's any time he hears our voices (especially big sister's). Despite his hatred for tummy time (a trait that Taylor also shared), his neck has become very strong. He loves swinging in his swing, laying in front of the electric fireplace, and listening to Jack Johnson on repeat. He is still sleeping in the rock-in-play in our bedroom where he makes all kinds of noises in his sleep (a trait he totally gets from me). I think Jake and I are both looking forward to him moving to his own room within the next couple of weeks, but I'm trying not to think about that milestone just yet.


Our baby is growing up so fast, and I can't believe that my maternity leave is already halfway over! I love spending my days with this sweet little boy, and I can't wait to continue watching him grow. You are the perfect addition to our family, little Logan, and we couldn't possibly love you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment