Friday, April 1, 2016

Easter & Spring Break 2016

Easter marked our first holiday as a family of four as well as our first overnight trip to my parents' house with two kids. We made the drive Friday evening after Jake got off work so that we could avoid waking up at the crack of dawn to get everyone ready and be there in time for brunch Saturday morning. My mom made a delicious spread of breakfast casseroles, sweet rolls, fresh fruit, ham, and some tasty fried potatoes (my favorite)! We spent the morning introducing Logan to the family and quickly learned that my niece Riley may be the biggest baby hog of them all. That sweet look on her face speaks volumes, she's in love!




As soon as they finished eating, the kids ran outside to hunt for Easter eggs. It was a beautiful day, and they had no intention of staying inside! The older two quickly filled up their baskets (since Granny April is known to stuff the eggs with money) while the three little ones needed a little guidance from the grown ups. Logan took turns being passed around among the adults while the kids ran and played in the sunshine.





Later that afternoon, we attended my cousin's wedding and reception where the kids had a great time playing hide and seek under the tables and tearing up the dance floor. I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures of their crazy antics, but I was too busy relishing in some adult conversation (which has been seriously lacking in my life lately).


The next morning we were up bright and early to attend church services and celebrate our risen Lord. The children performed a special skit and, for once, Taylor was able to participate. She and her cousins were absolutely adorable, giving each other hugs and waving to us from the stage. I just love that they are able to share these special memories! After church, we went back to my parents' house to find that the Easter bunny had made an appearance. Taylor's basket was loaded with cotton candy, play make-up & jewelry, and new headbands while Logan's basket contained a new book and a piggy bank! As you can tell, he was pretty excited...


The rest of our afternoon was pretty low key due to the rain and chilly temps. We did manage to snap a few pics before changing out of our Sunday best and heading back home. (Unfortunately, my dad wasn't feeling well so a solo photo with Granny had to do.)



This week our daycare has been closed for Spring Break which means I have had both kids at home by myself. So far things have been going pretty well, but I have learned that as soon as I sit down to nurse Logan, Taylor will decide that she wants to use the big girl potty or that she needs a cup of milk immediately. My days have consisted of nonstop feedings, endless diaper changes, multiple baths, and constantly washing sippy cups, pump parts, and bottles. Kuddos to those full-time moms out there who do this on a regular basis. It is exhausting, but we've managed to make it through the week unscathed. One thing's for certain, I won't hesitate to write that check for daycare next week. Our sitter earns every. single. penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment