Friday, March 21, 2014

Change

Lately, I've found myself in a rut. I have been at the same job for the past 5 years. This job used to challenge and excite me. My days used to fly by as I was continuously testing my abilities and strengthening my skill set, but now the days drag on and rarely do new and exciting things come across my plate. It's the same, mundane tasks day-in and day-out. Now, for some people, this would be fine. This would be easy. This would be ideal. But I am not one of those people. I need to constantly be challenged. I need something new and fresh. I need...change.

Change can be so exciting, but it also carries a great deal of risk. And as a new mom, I realize that that risk now has an even greater stake - for if I fail myself, I also fail my family. My current job is safe and comfortable and, in reality, it meets all the criteria that most people look for in a job. It's steady, pays well, has good co-workers, and I can easily perform its daily functions. It would be so easy for me to just settle in and ride this thing out until retirement. If only I were wired that way. But, alas, I'm not. So the search for more continues.

A few new opportunities have recently presented themselves, and I'm hoping that patience and hard work will pay off in the long run. It's time to stop thinking so realistically and get back to being the dreamer that I used to be. I was not made to sit in a box for 9 hours every day. I am the square peg attempting to jam herself into the round hole. And I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to fit.

So I'm seeking something new. It's scary and risky yet it gives me such a thrill. And just yesterday, my sweet, sweet husband who has stood by and watched me ride this emotional roller coaster for the past year sent me this quote:


He gets it. And he supports me. And that in itself is invaluable. So with his blessing and all of my fingers and toes crossed, I am attempting to make a change. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I applaud you for stepping out of the box and seeking what ever your heart desires. As I have always said "Everything happens for a reason" we may not know now what we are preparing for but with patience you will see how all the steps you have taken has prepared you for your future. Good Luck Jamie...Love you!

    ReplyDelete