Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Should Really Start a Blog...

For months now, this thought has crossed my mind. Daily.

Growing up, I was always scribbling away in journals - thoughts, poems, song lyrics, fictional stories, dreams, ingenious ideas that would, of course, be life altering. I would even manage to create the ugliest doodles that somehow seemed like works of art to me. It was a great escape that allowed me to be...me. To be whoever I wanted to be. And even now when those years feel like an entirely different lifetime, I pull out those old journals and read those messy pages and I am happy. And while I don't consider myself to be a very creative person, I do consider myself to be an expressive person. I need a mode of communication that allows my thoughts to flow freely. I cannot keep them pent up in mind with nowhere to go, and my husband can only handle so much meaningless yammering.

So, here I am. I'm not quite sure what this blog will be about or if it will ever have a set direction at all. If it doesn't, I'm okay with that. I'm quite random and chaotic in my thoughts, and I tend to go on tangents without ever meaning to. So, as long as I have a place to harbor those thoughts, I'm content. And although I no longer have to worry about my best friend stealing my boyfriend or how my life will never be the same now that 'N Sync is no longer together (a genuine concern of mine for far longer than I'm willing to admit), I still need an outlet to vent and praise all of life's experiences.

So, a blog.

Please be kind to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment