Friday, September 26, 2014

Flashback Friday: First Birthday Edition

Since  today is the eve of Taylor’s first birthday, I had to dedicate this week’s Flashback Friday to the tot. I know that I’m constantly saying this, but I am still amazed that 12 months have managed to fly by at such an immense speed. Our sweet baby has grown into such a beautiful little girl, always happy and filled with laughter. It almost doesn't seem right to call her a “baby” anymore since she acts more like a toddler each day.



As I count down the hours until her birthday, I can’t help but reflect on how much our lives have changed in the course of the past year. When our baby girl arrived at 7:57 a.m. on September 27, 2013, I knew that life would never be the same. And, for the most part, it hasn’t. Being a parent has not only shifted my daily responsibilities but also made me reexamine every aspects of my life. Upon doing so, I quickly realized that shifts needed to be made in order for our family to travel down the path we had always envisioned for our family. And now, one year later, I’m so proud of the three of us and how far we have come. We may stumble at times, but, at the end of the day, we are all happy and healthy and our home is filled with so much love. I couldn’t be more proud of this life that we’ve built.



Thank you, my tot, for coming into our lives and showing us what genuine, unconditional love is.  You are constantly helping us grow and adapt to whatever curve ball you throw us next. Thank you for allowing your daddy and I to be the best possible versions of ourselves. You are the light of our lives and the missing piece from our puzzle. We are better because of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment