Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekend Recap

After a long and draining work week, we were more than ready for Friday to roll around. My parents were on their way to our house that evening and we were anxiously awaiting their arrival. Taylor hadn't seen her Granny and Papa since New Years, so we were are all overdue for a visit. (Side note: I'm not sure why my attractive, 50 some year old mother enjoys being called "Granny", but she does so we oblige.) While we were waiting, I had the brilliant idea to put the tot's hair in pig tails for the first time. My parents hadn't seen her in a month and her hair has finally started to grow so it seemed like the perfect opportunity! Plus, if I turned on her videos and let her sit on our bed she would surely cooperate, right? Wrong. We basically had to hold her down the entire time only to end up with this half-ass 'do. I was able to capture a solid two photos on my iPhone before she ripped one of them out. Awesome

The next morning we woke up early. Granny and Papa read the tot books while Daddy cooked breakfast. While Taylor nap, my mom and I headed out to do a little shopping. I absolutely love shopping with my mom, and I'm sad we don't get to do it more often - especially kid-free! Since we've had issues with Taylor brushing her teeth, I decided to pick her up a new toothbrush. Some friends of ours mentioned that their son used an electric toothbrush and loved it, so I thought why not? I'm happy to report that we haven't had a single issue since purchasing this thing! Tay loves brushing her teeth now and even asks to do it multiple times a day! We're heading to the dentist for her first check up on Thursday, so fingers crossed we receive a good report.

That afternoon, we threw on our Mizzou gear and headed to Mizzou Arena to watch a little Tiger basketball. Jake was able to snag some suite tickets from work and we thought it would be a fun event for a cold and rainy Saturday. Plus, it's another activity we can cross off the Tot's list of firsts! She had a ball dancing along to the band, clapping when they made a basket, and eyeing Truman the Tiger everywhere he went. But mostly, she enjoyed snacking and watching the TV's in the suite. Totally could've done both of those things at home, kid!

We finished off the day with BBQ and ice cream - Papa's favorites! After the sugar kicked in, this girl was going nuts, running around and showing off all of her talents. She definitely enjoys being the center of attention.

The next morning, Granny had the brilliant idea of reintroducing this Mega Blocks mini wagon to Taylor. When she was younger (and smaller), the tot used to love being pulled around the house in this thing but now that she's older (and bigger) it's a little harder squeezing her body into the thing. Somehow they managed to work it out and Tay had a blast cruising around the kitchen all morning.

That afternoon, we said goodbye, put the tot down for a long nap, and I got to work breaking in our new washer and dryer (which I love). Tay was so tired that she slept for 3 1/2 hours! I just didn't have the heart to wake her since she's still fighting off the last of her cold. Plus, it was a yucky wet mess outside and we didn't have anywhere to be (thankfully). While she napped, Jake and I snuggled up on the couch as the snow fell. It's no secret that I despise winter, but if it's going to snow that's exactly where I want to be. A great ending to a great weekend!