Oh my little Taylor Tot, I cannot believe that two whole years have passed since you came into our lives. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with you, and now here we are about to embark on this journey all over again with your brother or sister. You have come a long way in your 24 months of life, constantly trying new things and expanding your little world day by day. You never cease to amaze us with your humor and sass, and you melt us all with your endless hug and kisses. In honor of your birthday, here are a few of your current favorite things:
1. You love to talk and do so nonstop. You yammer on about anything and everything (half the time we can't understand you), but you can successfully count to 10 and name all of the primary colors. You love to say each of our names (Mommy, Daddy, Taylor) multiple times in a row. You love barn yard animals (your favorites being the "moo's" and "baa's"), and you love to exaggerate their animal noises every time we read a book that has one in it.
2. You love to EAT (a girl after my own heart)! It seems like you are always asking for a "nack" of some sort, with your favorites being applesauce, fruit snacks, and sharing bananas with Daddy. You love pasta, grilled cheese, tuna, mac & cheese, blueberries, strawberries, pears, and peaches, but really there isn't much that you won't try. You have recently discovered desserts and you will drop everything for a "tookie" (cookie) or "eye keem" (ice cream). Your papa would be so proud!
3. You love the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes" and can name all of your body parts with ease. You have a particular interest in sticking your fingers in your mouth (or my mouth) whenever we ask you where it is located.
4. You love to twirl and sing, especially "Happy Birthday," "The Wheels on the Bus," and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman." You sing at maximum volume no matter where you are or who's around you. It's like you just can't express how happy you are so you have to shout it for the world to hear. Even your babysitter has mentioned how you randomly start singing at daycare, "We can be in the middle of story time and she'll just burst out into song." I tried to act surprised but really it made me so incredibly happy and proud. Go on with your bad self, girl.
5. You love to play in the dirt and are completely fearless when it comes to climbing things entirely too tall for your small size. You try your best to keep up with the big kids, trailing a couple of steps behind but always making it known that you are present. Your'e loud and bold and it makes my momma heart so very happy.
6. You love to shower with Momma, mostly because I let you color all over the walls and play with foam soap (all while singing at full throttle, of course). When we're finished and you're ready to get out, you yell "Daddy, where are you?" or "Daddy, I need you" and your dad and I laugh every time.
7. You enjoy all parts of bath time except washing your hair/body, getting out, and getting dressed. You have really come around on brushing your teeth, and by that I mean you like to suck the toothpaste off the bristles and turn your electric toothbrush on and off about 10 times before saying "all done" and handing it back to me.
8. You love to play dress up in my closet and will randomly come out wearing the most bizarre outfits. You love hats and jewelry but only when they are for play. You've become much more vocal about what you wants to wear, so I always try to let you pick when possible. You also love to put on your shoes by yourself, occasionally on the wrong feet but for the most part you get them on correctly. If we accidentally leave your closet door open, you immediately put on your rain boots and throw a fit when we make you take them off. I'm certain you would live in them if we'd let you.
9. You love your daddy to pieces and are most definitely a "daddy's girl," constantly asking where he is even if it's just the next room. You love when he hides or sneaks up on you, when he tosses you around like a rag doll (in a playful way only, nothing harmful), and when he tickles you until you can't breathe. You even added a new verse to your beloved "The Wheels on the Bus" to include: The daddy on the bus says I love you... which is the sweetest thing ever. Your bond is one of a kind and I couldn't possibly love it more. I'll gladly take a back seat if it means watching the two of you in action, because the love that pours out from each of you when they're together just melts me.
10. Don't worry, you also love your Monster Momma, especially when it comes to ow-ies (you seem to need a band-aid for everything), illnesses, and pre-bedtime snuggles. I guess moms are just better at things like that. ;c )
So there you have it, 10 things that make you, you. And we love you for each and every one of them. We are so proud of the little girl you are turning into and can't wait to watch you over the next year as you continue to learn and grow and take on the role of big sister. I'm certain you'll be the best ever!