Thursday, October 1, 2015

17 Week Update


Size: A turnip

Gender: Our gender reveal package is sitting on the kitchen island and taunts me every time I walk by it. Talk about torture - the anticipation is killing me! Thankfully, the wait is almost over, because we'll be unwrapping that bad boy in less than 48 hours!

Maternity Clothes: I finally got around to digging my tote of maternity clothes out of storage, and I forgot how much stuff I actually purchased last time! And I took full advantage of my built in babysitters at the mall this weekend and snuck off to H&M where I bought a few tops and a pair of maternity skinny jeans. The process of putting on maternity skinny jeans is quite interesting, but once they're on they're actually pretty comfortable! I'm looking forward to wearing something other than leggings on the weekends!

Sleep: Jake bought me a Snoogle for my birthday and sleep has been mostly better ever since. Some nights I get tangled up in the thing and end up throwing it on the floor, but other nights I sleep like a dream on it. I still have to get up for potty breaks at least 3 times a night but I find myself falling back to sleep much quicker when I have something to snuggle up to. And can we talk about these crazy pregnancy dreams? It's like every single person from my childhood has made a guest appearance lately in a cave or space ship or somewhere equally random.

Best Moment This Week: Celebrating birthdays - I turned 31 and big sister turned 2! We had such a great weekend, and I can't wait to share details with you soon!

Miss Anything: I feel like "sleep" is going to be the answer from here on out. I also really miss turkey sandwiches. And pumpkin beer. And the majority of my wardrobe.

Movement: I felt the first flutters of movement this past weekend - and on Taylor's birthday to boot! The three of us were laying in bed watching cartoons when out of nowhere I felt a burst of flutters in my belly. I was over the moon happy and Jake was slightly jealous. Don't worry honey, those giant kicks and elbow jabs will be here before we know it!

Cravings: Just everything, all the time. Last night's snack consisted of leftover cookies from Taylor's daycare party and a giant dill pickle, and I'm pretty sure I'll need to hook myself up to an IV of OJ before the end of this pregnancy. I just can't get enough!

Sickness: Occasional heartburn but that's nothing new. Feeling pretty good in this department!

Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender this weekend. We were excited with Taylor, but we are literally busting at the seams, dying to know with baby no. 2! Also looking forward to some pumpkin patching with the tot and her cousins this weekend. I absolutely love watching them in action, and I can't wait until there's a 6th to add to the mix soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment