Tuesday, October 13, 2015

18 & 19 Week Update


Size: A tomato (which is fitting because I have eaten my weight in red sauce lately)

Gender: It's a BOY! Time to get rid of all of those totes full of beautiful hair bows and adorable girl clothes and start shopping!

Maternity Clothes: With the weather cooling off, it's strictly leggings and maternity pants from here on out. I still can't wrap my head around how big this belly is already!

Sleep: Sleep is sporadic these days, some nights it's great and others it's an all night struggle. I'm pretty sure it will be this way for the next 5 long months. Long story short, I just never get enough.

Best Moment of the Week(s): Our gender reveal was definitely the highlight of week 18, and cleaning out the nursery was a huge accomplishment this week. Clearing out the soon-to-be-nursery was an overwhelming task since it was basically just a catch all for everything in our house that didn't really belong in another room (think guest room/office/sewing room combined), but I'm so glad the space is finally empty so we can start focusing on decor!

Miss Anything: We tailgated with friends this weekend in honor of Mizzou's homecoming and watching everyone drink tasty beverages was definitely a bummer. I'm this close to buying a case of pumpkin beer and stashing it away until spring.

Movement: This little guy has become very active lately! It's still too early to feel movement from the outside, but I know that it won't be long because his kicks are getting stronger by the day.

Cravings: My sweet tooth is finally back in action. And just in time for Halloween candy...

Sickness: We all managed to survive our first round of sickness of the season, and I'm fairly certain it won't be our last. Other than my germ-induced illness, I've felt pretty good lately.

Looking Forward To: Our 20 week ultrasound next week. I can't wait to see our little guy on the big screen! Debating taking Taylor to the appointment so she can see the baby and maybe understand a little more about what's really going on. Any thoughts/suggestions on that topic?

And last week's photo because I just couldn't get my life together enough to get it posted until now. We all battled a 24 hour stomach bug and I had an intense week at work which left me too exhausted at night to barely cook dinner let alone blog. Life gave me a swift kick in the ass last week, so I'm really glad to see it go. Ah, motherhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment