Wednesday, October 21, 2015

20 Week Update

20 weeks already, can you believe it? I don't know if it's because our schedule has been jam-packed since the moment we found out or because I spend the majority of my time trying to keep up with a toddler, but this pregnancy is absolutely flying by! With a flurry of holidays on the horizon, I'm sure the weeks will continue to fly by and it'll be baby day before we know it! Guess we better start making some actual progress on things like the nursery, a name, and pulling things out of storage. We're officially on the downhill slope and it feels oh so good!


Size: A mango (but feels more like a bowling ball)

Gender: Boy! Can't wait to see our little guy in action this Friday at our 20 week ultrasound. I've also been doing more than my fair share of online shopping lately, scooping up all kinds of things for our little one!

Maternity Clothes: I've been taking full advantage of the end of fall sales and beefing up my winter wardrobe with both maternity and non-maternity pieces. Let me just say that leggings, scarves, and cardigans are a pregnant lady's dream! It's so nice to finally feel comfortable in my clothes again!

Sleep: Sleep had been better until these crazy 80 temps returned (is it really mid-October?!) as did night time hot flashes. Add in a stuffy nose, multiple trips to the bathroom, and constant turning from side to side and you get a night full of mini naps.

Best Moment of the Week(s): Hitting the halfway point and our 20 week ultrasound at the end of the week. We've decided to take big sis along so she can see her bwov-ver for herself!

Miss Anything: I literally stood in the wine section and drooled over a bottle of Muscato yesterday. And I'm salivating now just thinking about it...

Movement: Homeboy is so much lower than I ever remember Taylor being which means that it constantly feels like he's river dancing on my bladder. I love every single movement though and cannot wait for Jake and Taylor to be able to feel soon!

Cravings: Jake and I made a trip to Party City after a lunch date last week to pick up Taylor's Halloween costume (hint: she and her twin cousins are dressing up as a threesome this year) and on my way back to work I devoured a jumbo Laffy Taffy like I was 5 years old. But honestly, it was so freaking good. I am in candy heaven lately.

Sickness: Other than a stuffy/runny nose (which I'm blaming on allergies), things are good. I've felt so much better over the last week, maybe it's the weather or maybe I'm finally hitting that second trimester stride.

Looking Forward To: Seeing little man on Friday and having family photos taken on Saturday. Fingers crossed that the weather stays nice so we can get some great images. Can't wait to share our updated family photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment