Friday, February 19, 2016

36 & 37 Week Update

I can't believe we're less than 20 days away from meeting our sweet bundle of joy! Even Taylor has started to ask "I see brother?" so it's safe to say, we're all ready for his arrival.


Size: A melon. Baby is weighing in around 6.5 lbs and is between 19-22 inches in length.

Gender: Boy! So excited to share his name (and him) with the world soon.

Maternity Clothes: Wearing the same five outfits to work each week has gotten super old. So excited for 70 degree weather and the ability to wear this maxi dress from my last pregnancy! Also, we Face Timed with my mother-in-law last week and her immediate response was "I can't believe how big your belly is!" I laughed and told her that my weekly photos really don't do it justice. This thing is out of control! I am constantly being asked if I'm having twins.

Sleep: Oh, you mean that time at night where everyone is resting peacefully and I'm tossing and turning and staring at the wall? Yeah, I miss sleep.

Best Moment of the Week(s): Hearing that baby is head down! I'm so excited that I may actually get to experience a vaginal birth this time but, honestly, labor scares the crap out of me. I feel totally unprepared since I never felt a contraction or experienced a single sign of labor with Taylor.

Miss Anything: Not being able to play with Taylor the way that I used to. The look of sadness in her eyes when I told her I couldn't play Ring Around the Rosie with her was heart breaking. Poor girl just doesn't understand.

Movement: My last checkup confirmed that his heart rate is still in the 150 range and he is measuring on target. Also, I was fortunate enough to have Braxton Hicks contractions continuously throughout a two hour meeting this week which proved just how difficult the next few weeks of work are going to be.

Cravings: I've gotten to the point where the side effects from eating make me so uncomfortable that nothing sounds good any more. Also, trying to be a little more health conscious after my weekly weigh in. It was not fun.

Sickness/Symptoms: Mostly round ligament pain and Braxton Hicks contractions. Also, intense heartburn in the evenings which is one of the only similarities to my first pregnancy.

Looking Forward To: D Day! The nursery is ready, our bags are packed, and I am so very ready to hold him in my arms. I think Jake has finally begun to mentally prepare for his arrival as well, so now we just wait for him to make his move.

And just for fun, a pic of big sis being her entertaining self and experimenting with her wardrobe. She is obviously ready for swimsuit season.


No comments:

Post a Comment