Monday, February 29, 2016

38 (Almost 39) Week Update

I'm a bit behind on posting this as I'm actually rounding the corner on Week 39, but I wanted to share one last update before our little guy makes his arrival later this week! After discussing several factors with my doctor at my last appointment, we decided to move up my scheduled C section which means that unless he decides to arrive on his own before this Thursday, he will officially join our family on March 3, 2016.

And is it just me or does the bump seem to be getting higher? He's definitely changed position in the last week or so proving that he is just as stubborn as his sister. Oh well, at least he comes by it honestly.


Size: A swiss chard. Baby is weighing in around 6.5-7 lbs and is between 19-22 inches in length.

Gender: Boy

Maternity Clothes: So ready to fit into my regular clothes again! I can't wait for warmer weather, tank tops, and maxi dresses.

Sleep: I have to fight to keep my eyes open most afternoons since Taylor has been waking up earlier with each passing day. But I don't care. I'll take her snuggles and morning serenades over sleep any day of the week!

Best Moment of the Week(s): Taylor has been such a sweetheart lately, talking nonstop about her brother and all of his things. "Dis bwuver's paci." "Dis bwuver's swing." "Dis bwuver's blankie." "I see bwuver soon." We are all so ready to meet this little man!

Miss Anything: I miss agility and being able to breathe. I miss cocktails and sushi. And I really miss bending over without feeling like I'm never going to make it back up. Taylor has gotten very good at helping me off the couch though.

Movement: My doctor commented again this week how strong our little guy is, and I'm pretty sure my bruised ribs and hip bones would confirm that statement.

Cravings: Terrible to say, but I'm over food at this point. That doesn't mean I'll pass up a bowl of Rocky Road though. Or a glazed donut. Or really anything that contains sugar.

Sickness/Symptoms: Round ligament pain, a few contractions here and there, nonstop heartburn, and lots of kicks and jabs from our little karate kid.

Looking Forward To: As if I even need to answer at this point. I cannot wait to see his sweet face!

And because it's too good not to share, perhaps the sweetest photo ever captured of me and my girl. She must know that something big is about to happen, because she has been on a-whole-nother level of adorable lately. Every morning for the past week, she has climbed into our bed, cupped my face into her little hands, and said "I dub you, Mommy" and then covered my face in smooches. Melt my heart, kid. Please stay this age forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment