Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Taylor 2 1/2 Year Update

Oh where to begin? I can't believe that our baby girl is already 2 1/2 years old! It's true what they say about your first born looking so much older once you bring another baby home. Taylor seems to have aged an entire year in the four weeks since Logan was born. She is smart, sassy, funny, and loving, and Jake and I couldn't be more proud of the little lady she is turning into.


Although she is a tomboy at heart, she loves to play dress up and will spend hours trying on every piece of clothing she owns and accessorizing each outfit with a pile of necklaces and either her rain boots or a pair of plastic high heels. Her new favorite is a teal dress with a tulle skirt that I bought for her to wear for Easter, and she has insisted on wearing it every day since. Each morning, I get her dressed, fix her hair, and brush her teeth and within minutes she's bouncing around the corner wearing that dress. I have a feeling this won't be ending any time soon, but I've learned that some battles just aren't worth fighting.



Our girl is such a smart cookie! She loves to practice her counting on anything and everything, from her brother's fingers to the blueberries on her dinner plate. She points out letters no matter where we are followed by whatever word she associates that letter with ("P" is for "Papa," "B" is for "brother," and (her favorite) "T" is for "Taylor!"). Her vocabulary has tripled within the last couple of months due to her repeating everything she hears and inquiring about everything she sees. I answer the question, "What this, Mommy? What this?" approximately 900 times a day. It definitely gets annoying, but I will gladly feed her curiosity if she will learn something from it. And trust me, she always picks up something.



Most recently, we have been teaching Taylor to say her full name and, in doing so, she has learned that Jake and I have names other than "Mommy" and "Daddy." She will call us by our first names and then laugh hysterically afterward, almost as if it's some kind of joke. The first time that she called me "Jamie" I immediately prompted her to say it 10 more times, because hearing her sweet little voice say my name may be my favorite sound in the entire world. I cannot emphasize enough how much I love this little girl.


Taylor has really embraced the role of big sister. I was worried that she may be jealous of the lack of attention, but overall she has been very patient whenever I have to stop playing with her to tend to Logan. I try very hard to include her in everything involving him, from having her bring me wipes/diapers/pacifiers to letting her pat him on the back after I've fed him. She loves to lay on the floor by him and occasionally asks to feed him his bottle. Mostly, she just likes to kiss him on the forehead and give him check ups with her Doc McStuffins kit (which she is obsessed with). She is as sweet and loving as ever, constantly telling us, "I love you verrrry much!"



We love you just as much, my sweet girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment