Tuesday, January 19, 2016

33 Week Update

After talking with my OB at last week's check-up, Jake and I decided to go ahead and schedule a C section for March 11.  Surgery is (and always will be) our back up plan as I have every intention of letting this little boy determine his own path into the world, but since the morning surgery slots fill up quickly (and no one wants to sit around unable to eat all day) we decided it was best to get something on the books, just in case. So no matter what little man decides to do, March 11 will mark the end of this pregnancy journey. Although last night I dreamed that I gave birth in the middle of a meeting on the conference room table, so I guess anything is possible.


Size: A pineapple. Baby boy is approximately 19" long and weighs approximately 4.5 pounds.

Gender: Boy - and he officially has a name! Contrary to what Taylor says, it is not Eeyore.

Maternity Clothes: 100% of the time because regular shirts just can't cover this belly anymore. I've even started dipping into Jake's closet on occasion. It's times like this that I'm thankful for my larger-than-average husband.

Sleep: Still hard to come by mostly because I just can't get comfortable. And because I have to pee every 15 minutes. I have been taking full advantage of Taylor's nap time on the weekends and indulging in some extra rest myself.

Best Moment of the Week(s): Finally having my husband back after his busy rush season and a 4 day business trip (Halle-friggin-lujah). After I completely lost my shit the day after he got home, we both determined I am entirely too pregnant to be single parenting at this point. So no more long hours or traveling until after this baby comes.

Miss Anything: Mostly breathing at this point. It's safe to say that my belly is as big now as it was at 39 weeks with Taylor. I can't believe we still have another 6-7 weeks to go!

Movement: So much movement! The doctor confirmed that he is still laying sideways which makes me hopeful that he may actually turn head down and enter this world naturally (unlike his stubborn sister). Until then, I have been trying to embrace every jab and kick since I'll only get to feel them for a little while longer. It makes me sad to think that this will be my last (planned) pregnancy!

Cravings: Oatmeal cream pies and ice cream. My father would be so proud.

Sickness: Lots of heartburn and, more recently, intense lower back & hip pain. I have bi-weekly massages scheduled from now until my due date, and I'm hopeful they will alleviate some of the pain.

Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery and getting everything ready for baby's arrival. We are well into nesting mode (let's face it, I'm always in nesting mode) which meant a super productive weekend at our house. We hung all of the artwork, picked out the last of the decor, and Jake whipped up a couple DIY projects. I can't wait to share the final product with you soon!

In other news, we have been working on potty training with Taylor and, after this weekend's failed attempt at putting her in underwear, we've officially determined she is not ready. So, we're taking a step back for now and preparing ourselves for life with two in diapers. It's not ideal, but it is reality. Besides, I'd much rather she do it when she's ready rather than us forcing her into it and then she regressing once her brother arrives (which I'm told is quite common).

And just for fun - and because Taylor was too busy playing to take a picture with me this week - here is a look back to August 2013 when I was about 32 weeks pregnant with Taylor. Oh how I wish my toes were in that warm Michigan sand as I sit here awaiting the snow to fall. Spring, we're ready whenever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment