Wednesday, January 6, 2016

31 Week Update

I'm only 4 weeks behind on updates, but who's counting? As you can tell, the belly is growing and so is our little one. He is more active than ever, so much so that Jake was able to spot his dance moves clear across the room last weekend! With approximately 8 weeks until he makes his debut, we are still undecided if I will go ahead with a second C section or wait to see if decides to come on his own. My doctor has given me the option of scheduling a C section if we want, but for now we are taking it day by day and letting him decide his course of entry into this world. I get so anxious thinking about his arrival and, honestly, I could care less how he arrives as long as we're both healthy in the end. But still, the thought of another C section makes me cringe. Recovery was not easy with Taylor, and I can only imagine how much more difficult it will be with a 2 year old and a newborn in the mix.


Size: A coconut. Baby boy is approximately 18" long and weighs approximately 3.2 pounds.

Gender: Boy

Maternity Clothes: The hubby was super sweet and surprised me with a bunch of new maternity clothes for Christmas, which I desperately needed. My hips are definitely wider this go round making my dress pants super uncomfortable to wear for 10 hours each day, so it's basically maternity leggings from here on out.

Sleep: Pregnancy insomnia is a real thing, and I've definitely been encountering it lately. I just can't seem to get comfortable and when I do my mind won't shut off. I'm getting so anxious for his arrival!

Best Moment of the Week(s): Christmas was absolutely wonderful this year. Taylor had a blast with her cousins and has been playing with all of her presents nonstop. Her favorites include a mini Dyson vacuum, Elsa doll, and coffee maker. I love her imagination and watching her thought process as she plays. The terrible two's can be draining at times, but overall I just love this age!

Miss Anything: So many things! As my belly grows, I'm getting more and more uncomfortable. Mostly, I miss being able to breathing normally, and lately our nightly bath/bedtime routine leaves me feeling like I've run a marathon. I should also note that putting on my socks and boots has become a real struggle over the last few weeks. My dad offered me his hospital grabber stick to help. How thoughtful.

Movement: Lots! His movements are much more pronounced now that he's getting bigger, and they're definitely visible from the outside. He lays sideways nearly 100% of the time which means frequent jabs/kicks to the ribs, hips, and basically all of my internal organs. He's so much more active than I ever remember Taylor being!

Cravings: I'll be the first to admit - it's pretty amazing the amount of food I am able to consume during one meal!  I don't discriminate much when it comes to what type of food I'll eat, but my sweet tooth always kicks in just before bedtime. I swear, I'm hungry all the time!

Sickness: Just this never-ending cold, which isn't a big deal until I try to lay in bed at night. Then the stuffiness begins and I'm forced to sleep sitting up on my side, which is about as comfortable as it sounds. I can't wait to be able to sleep flat on my back again!

Looking Forward To: A new year! While 2015 was pretty good overall (despite the worst experience of my life), I am ready to start anew and welcome our little boy into the world. I'm nervous and anxious, scared and excited, but so ready to hold him in my arms and introduce him to his big sister!

And speaking of the tot, here she is giving little brother some "eski-moochies," nose to belly button. So. Sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment