Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A New Name. A Fresh Look.

When I started this blog, I was unsure as to what it would be about, but it has quickly (and unintentionally) developed a family theme. These days, my life tends to revolve around the hubby and our tot, so it only makes sense that the majority of my posts be about the daily events of our lives. I plan to write about other topics here and there (as I see fit), but, for the most part, this blog will continue to encompass our family and its antics.

Now, you may be curious as to the term "Nobredge"...

Allow me to provide a little back story.

After Jake and I got engaged, I was fearful of losing my last name. Being the youngest of two daughters, I was sad to think that my family name would end after we were wed. So, I came up with the name Nobredge which is a hybrid of my maiden name and my married name. And no, I wasn't trying to be cool like the celebrities - I genuinely wanted Jake and I to take this last name. So much so that we gave it to our dog.


{Charles Moose Nobredge in all his glory.}

But as you can imagine, Jake was quick to dismiss the idea. So, I became an Eldredge and Nobredge will end its reign with Charlie.

Well that ends TODAY, my friends, because the blog has received a new name! After Googling "A Different Perspective", I realized that there were a ton of blogs with that name. So, I decided to choose something with a unique twist. After failed attempts at asking others for their opinions (you know who you are...), I decided it was time to take the task into my own hands. While weeding through my top favorites, I found myself going back to Nobredge time and time again. And I realized it's perfect.  It incorporates a little bit of myself and a little bit of my husband and together those two make up our baby girl. She has her daddy's looks (hello, spitting image of him!) and her momma's sass. Just the way I like it!

I hope you enjoy the new name, the new header, and, of course, the content. I'll try to keep it real and fresh. And if you have any suggested topics, please feel free to comment on the blog or on Facebook. I could always use a little help in that department!

And if you just can't get enough sweet baby smiles in your life, you can find me on Instagram at jaeldredge. A sneak preview is below!


2 comments: