Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy First Father's Day!


This guy is the best. I am constantly amazed at how far he has come. Honestly, if you met him 10 years ago, you wouldn't even recognize him today (and I'm sure his long-time friends would attest to this). He is the sweetest, most caring, generous, hard working man. He reminds me of my own father in so many ways, and that in itself is the highest compliment I could ever give! He is so gentle and loving with both Taylor and myself, always concerned with our well being above his own. Rarely does he tell me no or refuse to do something (no matter how off-the-wall it may be). He has great style and will always offer his honest opinion when I need it the most. He is unbelievably creative and talented. He can master almost anything within three tries (a trait that I often envy), and he will not finish a task unless it is perfect.


He lets me sleep in on the weekends so that he can have alone time with Taylor (secretly I thinks he does it just to get the good snuggles during her morning nap!). He loves to make extravagant breakfasts on the weekends, and, after, he likes to sit and talk while we drink our coffee. He looks at Taylor and I with so much love and sincerity that it makes my heart ache. He is always pushing me to be my best and encouraging me to follow my dreams. 


Rarely will you find him in a bad mood, and rarely will you hear him express worry about anything. He is the definition of "laid back", so down-to-Earth and mellow. He balances out my high-strung, compulsiveness perfectly. He is one of a kind, and I am so very proud of the husband and father he has become!

I hope you had the best first Father's Day ever, babe!! Sorry you had to spend it with my crazy family... ;c )

No comments:

Post a Comment